Monday, February 14, 2011

Anticipation: First Thoughts on Class Choices



    Today as I await the open beta for Rift on Tuesday I am doing some beginning research for class choices. I already know that there are two different  kinds of classes that I know I want to do once I get in game.

     For my first DPS class I wanted a hunter class. I have two main classes on WoW and one is a hunter. So, I am going to be Defiant main faction and go for Kelari as my race for the Dextarity bonus and the awesome be a fox racial. Rogue as m calling I hink I will be going with Ranger, Saboteur and Bard. Ranger is very much like Beast Mastery, it's you doing ridiculous ranged damage while your oet tanks. Saboteur is heavy in using traps and explosive charges. And Bard which is like a buffing tree and you put talents into things like increased Party Health and small continuous healing.

     And for my first Healer class I wanted something Elemental based and preferabley HoT based since I am used to Druid healing. So, I will go Eth for the Intellect increase and go for Cleric. Wardens are the water Healing Over Time classes. The Druid seems really interesting because it involves using a pet for healing buffs. And then Purifier which is the buffer and says it "uses fire to cleanse diseases and cauterize the most serious of wounds". So I'm getting Water, Earth and Fire elements of healing mixed into one.

     I really like the thought of these multiple class trees. When I play my hunter I always wanted a mix of all three specs. I wanted the bonus DoT damage, the casted Steady DPS attacks and buffing my Pet so he could actually tank high dps damage. But with the the healer I feel like I only really need Warden. The other two just seem for fun Soulds but not needed to succeed.

    I have watched The Sanctum (amazing Rift show on a generally amazing gaming network) and have seen footage of the dungeons and PvP and I am SO excited. It feels really fresh and new and makes me so excited for this new game. They talked about how the Devs were considering going INTO the Rifts to the otherside for a future expansion and I got SO excited.

     As far as professions are conserned I think I'm going to go with Foraging, Apothacary and Weaponsmithing. Foraging is your picking of plants and woods. Apothacary is your potion/flask making professions. And Weaponsmithing is... well... smithing weapons. You can have 3 professions and generally get a gathering professions and 2 crafting professions. Maximum is Master and level 300.

     Max character level is 50, which I really like, I HATE leveling to 85 everytime I want to make a new toon in WoW.

     And as far as Shard (Realm) I'm definitely going World PvP. The thought of standing on a hill and sniping down Guardians who are attacking a Rift excites me. I will probably roll on US Spitescar.

No comments:

Post a Comment