Hello and Thank You! for finding my little corner of the internet about my World of Warcraft obsession. I wanted to make the first blog post all about me! Well no, that isn't exactly how it was intended but I figured if you're going to take the time to sit and read about my opinions on Restoration Druids in the upcoming expansion why not know a few things about me that made me decide exactly why it is that I play.
My main toon in World of Warcraft is EraƮna of <Pondera> on US-Garona. She is a level 80 Restoration Druid and my second of four total 80s. My first level 80 toon was leveled in March of 2010 and was a Unholy Death Knight. Needless to say, I realised quickly that melee DPS was not the gameplay for me. I was terrible to say the very least and got carried through absolutely everything that I have and I am not afraid to openly admit that. I eventually rolled a Druid after a few months of ridicule for being terrible by both friends and guildmates and I fell in love.
I am by far not the best Restoration Druid on my server. I will never admit to that since it would be a lie, which is kind of why I wanted to make this blog in the first place. I am not exceptionally gifted, don't have access to awesome perks of PTR's or Beta-testing, I am just average like a lot of WoW players are but I love and know my class and I top healing charts 90% of the time. With the new expansion coming up I wanted to make a place where I can talk about the changes and challenges of World of Warcraft as a whole with a slight biased towards Resto druids.
I began playing initially around March of 2009 where I rolled my first toon after playing the one week trial. My first toon was a blood elf hunter named Bloodwings on US-Galakrond. This was back when I was guildless, when it took me a month to get from level 10 to level 20. When I wore cloth robes on my hunter because it was prettier to look at. Back when you had to PuG Blackfathom Depths in Trade Chat and when PvP didn't weild any experience. Oh, nestalgia. Eventually, after a fall out with a guy that I spent a lot of time in game with and September rolling around (school) I decided to stop playing. (Update: In October of 2010 she was Realm Transfered, Race Changed and became my 4th level 80 and first PvP toon!) Eventually, I met another guy around December of '09 that played WoW and I decided that I would put WoW back on the new computer I had ordered for Christmas. He brought me to US-Garona where all of my toons reside now (and he quit a long time ago) and I have had a rollercoaster ride over the past year.
My Restoration Druid dinged 80 on June 06th, 2010 at 11:12 p.m. ST inside of Halls of Stone. I initially made the druid so that my previous guild could bring me on something other than my Death Knight. She was in full T9 and raiding ICC10 six days after she dinged because I spent six sleepless nights running Heroic after Heroic to get all of the Badges of Triumph to get my 5-Set and all of the other over 200 iLevel item that vendors in Dalaran sold. I have been raiding for a total of six months now and I have a Kingslayer title, a 3222/5939 Gearscore and a toon that I love. And now, with only six days away from the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, my first expansion, I will be starting all over again.
This blog is going to be pretty simple hopefully. I will be writing about things that I find in-game that are interesting, I will probably complain about how Blizzard nerfs us constantly and /cheer when we get awesome buffs. I will be writing about my personal experiences with leveling, raiding and over-all gameplay throughout the expansion. And I will be writing about other things such as Guilds, Realms and just randomness that I experience through my own personal playtime. I wanted to write this blog for the simple fact that sometimes it's really hard to get into some blogs out there because they have so many perks (like Beta testing for starters) and other things that normal WoW players may never experience. So why not try it out by just being a normal player like most?
No comments:
Post a Comment