Monday, December 6, 2010

New Resto Leveling Guide and BiS Posts on Elitist Jerks

It's Monday night, I've been waiting 6 days for Allison over at WoW Insider to post a Restoration leveling guide as she promised at the beginning of the Feral leveling guide. But alas, it's come up a bit short seeing as I kind of don't wanna read it 3 hours before Cataclysm is actually set to launch. So I went over to Elitist Jerks and began sniffing around the Druid Forums and found the two posts already up!

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t107636-resto_guide_updated_cataclysm_release/ - This is a very indepth look at Trees in Cataclysm. This will give you everything from Talents, to Glyphs, to what Stats to specific enchants for pre-raid gear.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110101-resto_cataclysm_pre_raid_itemisation/ - This is a long list of our best in slots from heroics. These are the items that you want equipped before you tackle your first raid boss.

Cataclysm is going to be very interesting for some people. Heroics in Wrath of the Lich King dropped epics and if you had a Blue or Green item going into one of the beginning raids you were kind of laughed at. Heroics in Cataclysm don't drop any epics, it is all superior level gear and you are expected to go into the beginning Cataclysm Raids in full blues unless you craft some epic gear.

Stats: We're still going to be stacking Intellect all through Cataclysm. We stacked Spellpower a lot in Wrath but now SP is gone except for on weapons/weapon enchants. Our Spellpower and some Crit comes from Intellect now. For every 1000 Intellect you have you get a 2% crit chance so if you have about 3,000 Intellect you will have about 6% just from stacking Intellect. You want to be Haste capped as well. 915 is the magic number to get an extra HoT Tick on Rejuvenation. That isn't really a big number and with the huge stat increases on gear it shouldn't be a problem to hit the cap.

Reforging: If your gear doesn't already have Haste on it, reforging Haste is your priority. After you reach 915 haste it's between Crit and Mastery. Some columnists have said that Spirit is viable for us now but the mana regen is so incredible low I try to remove as much Spirit from my gear as I can since I see no personal use for it with my play style. Oh, and I have Innervate for that. :)

Gems: Again, all Intellect except our meta requires two yellows that means you need two yellow, orange, or green gems somewhere in your gear (probably two that have a red and yellow socket bonus) to get your +54 Int and +2% Mana bonus. What are we!? Paladins!?

Gear: There are very few items that are actually bought with Justice points that are our best in slot items. A lot of them are actually World Drops, which sucks because it will be overly difficult to farm anything with hundreds of others killing mobs for quests. If you're a Resto Druid however our BiS Gloves are rewarded from Hyjal rep and our Head enchants are Hyjal rep as well. So I guess I'm not questing in Vashj'ir like I had first planned.

Thanks to those at Elitist Jerks for taking the time to make these lists for those of us who weren't in the Beta! Really gonna help me when I'm gearing up for opening raids!

No comments:

Post a Comment