Thursday, December 2, 2010

What I Am Doing Before Cataclysm and What I'll Do First Thing

There are only five more days (according to WoW Insider) until World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released onto the world. And there are a few things that I am doing before the Official Launch.

Capping Justice Points: I am running Wrath of the Lich King Heroic Randoms until I am about ready to puke. I am working on getting 4,000 Justice Points before the launch. Being able to buy two or three pieces of Heroic Blue gear right out of 85 will be exceptionally useful. I am also getting Exalted with the six Alliance factions through the new experience tabards which is a welcome addition since raising city rep was always a pain.

Applying to Raiding Guilds: I am not currently in a hardcore raiding guild and am shopping for one. Raiding has always been my passion so a guild that will eventually get into Cataclysm hardmodes and Achievement Runs is something I am looking for. Currently, I am waiting to hear back from <Edge> of US-Garona, the top guild on my server and currently #13 in the world. I'm not really expecting anything to come out of it personally but it doesn't hurt to try.

Researching Cataclysm: This seems like a no brainer but I love looking up new things that are coming up in the expansion. Currently, I am watching healing videos about the newest Heroics and Raids.

Selling Everything In My Bags/Bank: Once Cataclysm is released all of the old gems and materials are going to be completely worthless. So I am clearing out my personal bank and alt bags to make as much money as I can before the new content hits. Working on getting at least 4,000 gold so I can get Epic Flying before Cataclysm on my main.

I have thought long and hard about what I am going to do once I get into the actual expansion and when I actually got around to thinking about it there are a hell of a lot of things that I need to do!

I am personally going to be logging out in Stormwind right in front of the Flight trainers. I am going to pick up the Master Flying Licence, Illustrious Grand Master Enchanting and Jewelcrafting and Apprentice Archeology before I set out for Cataclysm. I ended up leveling my two Primary Professions long after I had hit 80 and started raiding and ended up spending way over 12,000 gold on them together, so I will be leveling my professions as I level my character this time around. Then I am going to head out to Stormwind Harbor and make the trek to Vashj'ir to begin leveling to 85.

Needless to say Cataclysm is right around the corner and we are ALMOST there. It has been many months since I have needed any gear from raiding and have spent to much time reading trade chat so it will be a welcome pleasure having something to work towards again. So I ask you, what are you doing to prepare for Cataclysm and what is going to be your first mission when it finally hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment